You are currently viewing: Posts Tagged " pizza"
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
- My City: Life as a blind architect in San FranciscoOn St. Patrick’s Day in 2008, Chris Downey, an architect, planner and consultant who lives in Piedmont, California, some 10 miles east of San Francisco, reported to the hospital for surgery to remove a brain tumor. The procedure was a success. But two days later, his sight started to fail. On the third day, it […]
- San Francisco in pictures: Chris Downey on the experience of a cityIt might seem strange to show a gallery of images of places the narrator can’t actually see. But as architect Chris Downey explains, he picked these locations in San Francisco because they’re meaningful to him, not because they’re photogenic (though as it happens, they’re that too). “As with any large, great city, its success is […]
- 11 fascinating talks from TEDWomenA dream analysis app creator. A fearless swimmer. The CEO of Campbell’s Soup. A spacesuit designer. These are the kinds of speakers who will take the stage when TEDWomen 2013 kicks off at San Francisco’s SFJAZZ Center tomorrow. With three sessions centered around the theme “Invented Here,” the event will be a global look at […]
- Sally Kohn talks leaving Fox NewsIn today’s talk, pundit Sally Kohn shares what it’s like to be progressive, gay and … working for Fox News. The key: emotional correctness, when people look past their political differences and try to understand what the other is thinking on a human level. It’s a vision so powerful that her hometown of Allentown, Pennsylvania, […]
- Investing private funds for public good: An update from Toby EcclesToby Eccles, whose talk about Social Impact Bonds was published yesterday, has been busy since he gave his talk at TEDGlobal in June. Eccles, founder of the nonprofit Social Finance, now spends about half his time on Development Impact Bonds, a spinoff of his original idea. Where SIBs seek private funders to invest in social causes, with payments […]
- TED News in Brief: The (real) secret to a great infographic, Ai Weiwei at Alcatraz, and moreHere, your weekly recap of TED-related news: You see their work every time you start a TED Talk: the video firm Psyop created our water-drop titles (among lots of other work you’ll recognize). Now they’ve released their very first iOS and Android game — a game for social good called “Nightmare: Malaria.” It comes from […]
- David Christian’s Big History gets much, much … biggerDavid Christian had little idea what was in store when he stepped on the set of The Colbert Report last month. Having lived in Australia for years, Christian wasn’t familiar with the show and its special brand of political satire. And yet, sitting across the table from Stephen Colbert — a perfectly placed Colbert Nation […]