Teeth are really important. It is the first thing people notice when we smile, what healthy teeth you have. It also shows how happy you look. Everyone should really take care of their teeth. It gives us more confidence when facing people. If you have healthy and strong teeth, it can help you chew your food and help you speak clearly too.
Taking good care of your teeth helps you avoid plaque. Plaque is a form of bacteria that is stuck to your teeth if you don’t brush too well. Bacteria will really grow like crazy after you eat. The bacteria break the sugar down into acids, and then it will automatically eat away the tooth enamel. This can cause holes in our teeth called cavities. On the other hand, Gingivitis is a gum disease that can cause redness, swollen and sore gums and this is because of plaque.
Everyone should learn on how to take good care of our teeth, especially kids. Below are tips for child to keep their teeth healthy.
- Brush at least twice a day – brush your teeth after breakfast and right before bedtime. Brushing well prevents plaque and other gum diseases.
- Brush all of your teeth – you can ask advices from your Dentist on how to properly brush your teeth without hurting your gums.
- Take at least 2 –3 minutes every time you brush.
- Choose a soft bristles toothbrush – for children, you can ask your parents to buy you a new toothbrush every 3 months. You can also check the package if the brushes are soft.
- Visit your Dentist – You can ask your dentist for an antibacterial mouth wash. (Only if the Dentist will recommend it for you)
- One of the most important ways to keep your teeth healthy is to learn how to floss. All you have to do is slip the dental floss right between each tooth and just along the gum line once a day. (Do this gently) Dental floss can help you remove the food that has been hidden between your teeth, where toothbrush can’t reach it.
- Always brush your tongue to have a fresh breath.
Always remember that it’s not just about flossing and brushing that can keep your teeth healthy. You should also realize that you should be careful on what you drink and eat. Just a simple reminder, eat a lot of healthy food such as fruits and vegetables. Drink plenty of water too. With the perfect and healthy teeth, you can smile anytime you want.